Saturday 11 August 2012

Thank you: The road to recovery


It's been a hard few days for Hubby and I. It's not just the physical impact of miscarriage, or even the grief of losing the baby itself, we've had to come to terms with the fact that all the things we'd started to plan just aren't going to happen - certainly not straight away anyway.

I can't put into words just how wonderful people have been. Offering support, space and kind words as Hubby and I have hidden away from the world. Within hours of me breaking my heart-shattering news to my boss, they'd sent my a bunch of flowers. Obviously flowers don't lessen the pain, but just knowing you're in other people's thoughts reminds you that the world is still turning.

We still need to take the time and replan our future, but for now at least it's great to know we have great friends supporting us. 

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog on Love New Blogs and felt like I had to comment. I am so sorry for your loss, I am currently going through similar pain as our beautiful Harry was stillborn nearly 3 weeks ago. Please never give up hope, I hope you have lots of love and support around you X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I deeply empathize with your pain. Returning to "normal" life is hard as nothing ever seems normal anymore. I wish you and your Hubby all the best. Hold on to each other. Much love x

      Delete